So this is my second quarter in grad school, and already I'm saying to myself, "What in the name of Darwin's underpants was I thinking?" Deprived of sleep, battling with coursework, working in a lab and wondering every second of everyday, why cervical dislocation is not so easy to perform on humans (there are a few people that I would not only enjoy putting in their place, but I think a gas chamber is just too humane for their indelible *sigh* persona.)
With hours that never seem to end, (no, not even on the weekends) and life that still hasn't started yet (according to the "working" class), I just wish I could SCREAM! *sigh, again* Instead I'm sitting in the library, too tired to be working for the exam I have this week, bitching about my bat-crap crazy life to who ever might listen. I have decided to come up with "platitudes" that relate to the life of a gradstudent, and will try posting one every week. I'm going to call them Plats, you can call them shit or BS or whatever it is that you fancy. And in true Gradschool Spirit, I'm going to provide you with a "hypo" hypothesis each time. You can refute it if you want, I don't really give a *ahem* fudge.
Plat#1:Veni vidi vici is just something you'll never hear from a gradstudent.
Hypo Oh c'mon, if you're reading this you are, in all probability, a gradstudent, so you already know why. If you're not, then GOOD FOR YOU!
Veni Vidi ViFled is something you might :P
ReplyDeleteOn a lighter note, interesting choice of topic. It has a lot of scope and you'll be helped by personal experiences. So now let's see what ya got kiddo! Waiting for more :)