Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ready, Set, Run for your life!!

So I started Marathon training this tuesday. Three days, and 14 miles later, my body's sore, my back is *skewed*, my legs are cramped etc etc, but my spirit's strong. People ask me which marathon I'm training for, and I say to them, as long as there's cancer in the world, there'll always be marathons, and hopefully I will always have a job (or rather, a PI).
I've never run before, and let's face it, I'm not getting any younger. So might as well do something now. (Think of it this way: while running I picture myself as the roadrunner, and the coyote a.k.a. the PI is running after me with his acme-inspired commentary on how abysmal my research proposal is.)
I know I said one a week, but meh! here's another one.

Plat#2: Its okay to not know about a global apocalypse if you are a gradstudent.
Hypo: Your PI is going to find you the next day anyway asking you about that draft or the grant or whatever it is that you've been putting off for a month. These PIs I tell you! *nodding-head-sagely*



1 comment:

  1. Love the plats! You know, you should start a twitter feed for them..

    ReplyDelete